Parent Access and Drop-off / Pick-up
Parent Access to Campus
To increase the safety of students and staff on campus, both Rocklin Academy and Ruhkala Elementary, under the direction of RUSD and RAFOS, have implemented a “closed campus” model. As in the past, this continues to require family members to check-in at the office for late arrivals, early dismissals, general questions, and volunteering. One change to make note of is the 2 options for drop off and pick up.
- Option 1
- Family members may park and walk their child to their assigned drop-off/pick-up location instead of the classroom.
- K-3rd: Front Lot
- 4th-6th: Back Lot
- Option 2
- Drop off/ pick up through the traffic line of their assigned location (please review suggested routes using the link below for Traffic Guidelines).
- Younger siblings may be dropped off with older siblings at the older sibling’s drop off/pick up location
We are also asking that all family members exit campus as soon as they have dropped off or picked up their child(ren) from the designated drop off and pick up locations.
Please note that parent volunteering is still welcomed and strongly encouraged! For information on volunteer requirements, please click HERE. We appreciate your partnership in helping to maintain a safe school!
Each grade level has an assigned lot for drop-off and pick-up along with a recommended access route to help the flow of traffic. Please review these before attempting to drop off or pick up from school.
Please respect our closed campus model by not walking onto campus during drop off and pick up times to walk your children to their classrooms or drop off items. All adults are required to check in at the office and must have a visitor or volunteer badge clearly visible while moving about campus.
School traffic is an impacted time. Please maintain a safe and courteous attitude toward other drivers and neighbors during drop-off and pick-up. Family safety is our top priority.
Drop Off K-6 (8:05-8:20)
Pick Up 1st-6 (1:50 Mon, 3:20 Tues- Fri), K (1:50 Mon-Fri)
- Students may be dropped off in their assigned location no earlier than 8:05. Students dropped off at 8:05 must wait in their location until they hear the 8:10 bell. At this point, they may walk to class and enter their classroom.
- Please do not arrive prior to 7:55 to be respectful of Ruhkala’s drop-off window. If you arrive before 8:05, please stay in your car with your child and keep intersections clear.
- Students with siblings may be dropped off/picked up at the oldest child’s assigned location (this would apply to Kinders on Mondays and minimum days only).
- Our after-school “Sibling Meet-Up” area is in our amphitheater. Siblings with Kindergarteners may pick them up from their classroom.
- During pick up, please fully display your oldest child’s name placard received at Meet the Teacher. This allows us to call students forward and keep traffic moving.
- K-3 drop-off and pick-up are located in our front lot (main parking lot in front of the school).
- 4-6 drop-off and pick-up are located in our back lot (parking lot on the right side of campus behind Ruhkala’s multipurpose room).
- Do not drop off in the K loop as it is not attended and impacts the flow of traffic.
- Do not park or drop off in the small lot located in front of our multipurpose room. It is for staff only and the entrance gates are locked.
Student Exit/Enter Cars Independently
- To keep traffic flowing, it is essential that students are ready to exit and enter their cars quickly, independently, and with all needed materials in hand (please avoid trunk access whenever possible).
- Parents, please do not exit your car to help your child exit at drop-off or pick-up. If this is necessary, please park and walk with a child over.
- Staff will be on hand to assist students at drop-off and pick-up.
- Students should exit/enter their vehicle once they are in the identified drop-off zone indicated by the yellow curb. Please exit/enter as soon as you reach this area (K families may pull through until staff is able to assist).
- Please do not have your child walk independently through the parking lot. It is a very busy traffic time so please walk your child to the parking lot crosswalk so that staff can signal cars to stop.
- Parents are welcome to park along the street so that students can walk onto campus but must be parked legally, may not block driveways, or move garbage cans to do so.
- We are also asking that all family members exit campus as soon as they have dropped off or picked up their child(ren) from the designated locations.
- To exit campus from the front lot:
- Option 1: pull out into the inside parking lot lane and turn left within the lot to exit through the parking lot entrance and back onto Tanager.
- Option 2: continue straight in the drop-off lane and exit by making a right on Turnstone Way, followed by a left on Taft which will take you to a 4 way
- stop sign on Blue Oaks, OR continue on Turnstone Way, left on Brandt, right on Adams to exit onto Lone Tree Blvd.
Do not pull out of the drop-off lane in the front lot to pass cars and attempt to merge back into the drop-off lane. If you pull out of the drop-off lane, you must turn left within the lot to exit.
- To exit campus from the back lot:
- Cars may exit by making a right or left turn.
- To exit campus from the back lot: